POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating a real world image : Creating a real world image Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Creating a real world image
From: Mike Larry
Date: 7 Nov 2011 06:30:01
Message: <web.4eb7c113698d79b3827ea9b0@news.povray.org>
Hello there,
       I'm new to pov-ray, and have been messing around with pov ray for a bit.
I would like to create a real world 3D room in povray. By this what I mean is, I
want to create a room, and attach real world images into some parts of the room
( like a table, or computer).
       Then problem is I have no idea how to go about this. Do I create a model
of a table in pov ray and try to find a picture which looks similar? Or, do I
find a picture and try to model it in pov ray? But what if, say I find a picture
of a sofa from one angle, and model it, attach the picture, but when I look at
it from another angle the sofa won't look the part (since I don't have a picture
to associate the sofa from that angle).
       If there are guides out there, please point me the right direction. Thank
you for your help in advance. Much appreciated.

Mike