POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Volume rendering with POV-Ray : Re: Volume rendering with POV-Ray Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volume rendering with POV-Ray
From: Bene
Date: 4 Nov 2011 06:50:01
Message: <web.4eb3c333fe2775e4db4fdb9b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

thanks for the answer.

> I think in your case you should only use scattering media.
> The strong emission basically means the dense areas emit light
> while the non-dense areas are transparent (note that you need
> a light source then, which you might not have now).

I also tried to use only scattering, and no emission at all,
however the results were even less satisfactory. It may however
be that the parameters I tried were not optimal.

> I'd recommend to make the density file and full scene
> available for download, so it will be easier for people to
> play with the settings and compare it to your render.

True. You can access the scene file here:
http://132.187.25.13/home/bene/substack.pov

and the required df3 file here:
http://132.187.25.13/home/bene/substack.resampled.df3

Best,