POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Advice for a new user looking for a renderer : Re: Advice for a new user looking for a renderer Server Time
2 Jul 2024 02:51:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Advice for a new user looking for a renderer
From: waggy
Date: 2 Nov 2011 01:20:07
Message: <web.4eb0d233cb0d82679726a3c10@news.povray.org>
> "waggy" <hon### [at] handbasketorg> wrote:
>
> > Although this is true for an arbitrary mesh, when rendering a function...
>
> Although I understand the advantages of functions vs. mesh data, I want to keep
> the conversation focused on mesh definitions; it's the more general scenario,
> and I want to see that POV-Ray can do in this respect.

Ah, but surface texture definitions apply regardless of the type of object.  The
texture I posted should look pretty much the same on a mesh.  (The only issues I
can think of being how well it hides or accentuates discretization artifacts,
and that it will be applied to one surface rather than two so a transparency
adjustment may be in order.)