POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
17 May 2024 18:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: H  Karsten
Date: 31 Oct 2011 18:35:00
Message: <web.4eaf2166dc71d3eca3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:

> I thought that it was a SDL script.

In any case there are some problems to solve. SDL in PovRay can parse only
comma-separated files. So your matrix need to come this way. That means often
times it needs to be converted, using some other scripting languages.

Same with the geometry. If you have an .obj file you need to convert it to
PovRay on the one, and to the other app on the other side.

For the work I've already done with the Max-PovRay thing I still using other
apps for the conversion of the geometry. That it the main thing, not heaving
released this. If other people using other converter it's likely not to run...

I already started to write a converter that does a batch conversion from obj to
PovRay. But it's not finished jet.

For this thing here the .raw-file needs to be converted to the specific app.
We'll solve this later. Anyway it would be a good step to do it in a way, being
independent from the app and the converter. If this is not possible, I'll do it
insight the script. But that's for later.

Best rgds,
Holger