POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
17 May 2024 16:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: H  Karsten
Date: 31 Oct 2011 16:10:01
Message: <web.4eaeffcbdc71d3eca3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 31/10/2011 6:43 PM, H. Karsten wrote:
> > But sometimes a mesh is needed for example doing an animation somewhere else,
> > heaving its rough shape. Than take back only the matrix to PovRay and do the
> > rendering, using the_original_  object instead of the mesh-file.
>
> This is very true. Often in Poser I would like to import an OBJ file so
> that I can pose my characters around it before exporting them into PoseRay.
> It will be a very useful utility.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

As I Posted before, a view friends of mine, and me, we working on this. It's
already running very well, using 3DS-Max. I tried to convert this onto GMAX -
but the script-language does not support any exports. Not even matrix-data.

But we decided to do this for Blender and other Aps as well. If Blender is not
you taste, Houdini is another one, we like to bring this on.

Best rgds,
Holger