POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
11 May 2024 21:09:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: H  Karsten
Date: 25 Oct 2011 20:30:01
Message: <web.4ea7537fdc71d3eca3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Hi Reuben,

funny enough! Because of the Lego-lib, I started all this :)

At the moment, I'm writing the second part in rebol.

The script will take the .qvx file and do the Polys.

My concept for the Lego-animation is, to do the animation in 3d-Studio-Max, then
export the matrix only and PovRay will take the Lego-lib and the matrix and do
the rendering.

It is likely, that we do the same thing, using Blender next and maybe cinema4d
later. Likely as well is Houdini.

The Script on the PovRay-side is all most done. I've used this technique
already, using mesh2 objects insight PovRay.
See: http://lightspeed.byethost24.com/ for some examples.

The only difference in the PovRay-script in the future is that some objects can
be completely missing, or off in the matrix and that's just a very little thing
to do.

I hope the Rebol-script is done in a view days.

The example-script I've posted before is to slow. The new thing can be more then
1000 times faster. So better for you to wait a view more days :)

Best rgds,
Holger