POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
12 May 2024 03:12:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: H  Karsten
Date: 25 Oct 2011 15:55:00
Message: <web.4ea71341dc71d3eca3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 15/10/2011 04:29, H. Karsten nous fit lire :
> > Here's another one, heaving 100 scans in each axis.
>
> Remind me of my 3.1g version (as a patch, not an inc)
>
> http://jgrimbert.free.fr/pov/patch/tessel/index.html

Would it be very complicate, to compile this into a new version of PovRay?

I tried to compile this, but I'm not a C++ user and with no makefile, I'm
lost...

A lot of people continuously asking for a "converter" from PovRay to other
apps...

I'm wondering that your code did not find it's way into the regular PovRay! As
well, I was asking for micro-poly-displacement in PovRay already long time ago,
and nobody could get me some help..

A lot of good Ideas are still not part of PovRay. Only available as patches.
This is one of the most disadvantages of PovRay ever!

I have installed a big bunch of PovRay versions, only to let run all the
patches...

so I have MegaPov 0.7 & Megapov 1.21. MC-Pov, PovMan SlimePov, ML-Pov,
DensityPov. And now your patch will become another, very good one two.

Ps.: If its to much work for you to put this into a new version ov PovRay, I
like to ask you to do a little howto of the compiling for this. I would like to
have a version, running within cygwin.

Thanx a lot!

Best rgds, Holger