POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflected light doesn't light surface : Reflected light doesn't light surface Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:52:55 EDT (-0400)
  Reflected light doesn't light surface
From: stevenvh
Date: 21 Oct 2011 12:30:00
Message: <web.4ea19ce9929ace0fdf323a20@news.povray.org>
I have a light source in a hollow cylinder which throws a circle on a sheet
placed above it. The cylinder prevents light to fall directly on the Y plane.
The sheet is reflective, so I would expect reflected light on the plane around
the light source. But the plane remains dark. Any idea how to fix it? I'm trying
to emulate a white fabric with the sheet: partly reflective and partly
transparent.

..pov file and rendered image can be found on http://nenya1.net/temp/20111021/

TIA
Steven