POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Saving PovRay objects as geometry : Saving PovRay objects as geometry Server Time
28 Apr 2024 10:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Saving PovRay objects as geometry
From: H  Karsten
Date: 14 Oct 2011 21:50:01
Message: <web.4e98e599fbaf2a34a3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
Hi people,
I've just started to write a PovRay -.inc file that saves any object, defined in
PovRay as a mesh -.raw file.

It can save almost everything, include .d3f files (when being used in an
iso-surface), blobs, meshes, whatever. And can be used in any PovRay or
PovPatch, supporting the trace() function.

The raw-formate does not have any mesh-optimisation needed. That means, you can
free chose the resolution, without heaving special high memory installed. It's
only a matter of time, running the macro.

The only thing (for sure) it can not store "fake-deformations", like coming from
normal maps on surfaces, or deformed lenses in the camera.

It is still extreme slow, but has very good potential to become optimised.

Here is a simple sphere, having 40 tracking-points in each dimension.

I hope I can release the first version after the weekend :)

Best rgds,
Holger

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: