POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Single lens show side view : Re: Single lens show side view Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Single lens show side view
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 7 Oct 2011 17:55:00
Message: <web.4e8f742366b8b2e878641e0c0@news.povray.org>
"Arun Kumar" <aru### [at] yahoocoin> wrote:
>    photons {
>       target
>       collect off
>    }

You did not ask about photons, but I thought I'd point out that this statement
has no effect in this scene.  You'll need to add "refraction on" to get the
effect of focused light.

Also look into autostop, as an intersection of spheres is often not efficiently
bounded.  (If you don't understand this, then just add "autostop 0" to the
photons block in your global_settings.  It may speed up the photons
calculations.)