POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to model "connecting dirt"? : How to model "connecting dirt"? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:57:50 EDT (-0400)
  How to model "connecting dirt"?
From: Tommy377
Date: 30 Sep 2011 01:25:07
Message: <web.4e8550be646b5d89b9815d200@news.povray.org>
Hi. I want to make a certain kind of transition between an object and the
ground.

To see what I mean, look at the picture "Virtual Joy of Life" in the POV-Ray
Hall of Fame. There, at the ground, the transition from the stairstep to the
rest of the ground. That's what I mean. It's a smooth, but crunchy transition
somehow.

At first, I tried to achieve this effect by using the same technique as shown in
the "wallstucco"-example that came with POV-Ray 3.6., but it didn't turn out the
way I wanted it to be.

The problem is, that I need to "connect" a regular face like a cube to a more or
less random surface. Like in the Picture "Virtual Joy of Life".

How can I do this?