POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Modeling of complex Scenes : Modeling of complex Scenes Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Modeling of complex Scenes
From: Tommy377
Date: 30 Sep 2011 00:55:01
Message: <web.4e8549b663f2d0e4b9815d200@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm new to POV-Ray, so I've studied some works of the more experienced
artists out there. Some scenes of their works are quite complex and therefore,
they render very slow.

Now, I wonder how the modelling of such a complex scene is done; How is it
possible to model a complex scene, if the rendering gets extremely slow? Since
it becomes impossible at a certain point to keep all the things in mind in a
complex scene, the rendering of that scene (or parts of it) is the only way to
check what's going on, isn't it?

As far as I understand, it doesn't make any sense to wait a whole day for
rendering, just to check if a small object sits in the right place - after
spending one week in advance to find the proper camera-position to see whats
going on with that object ...

So, what's the story here?