POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Render_Block_step : Render_Block_step Server Time
23 Jun 2024 14:47:39 EDT (-0400)
  Render_Block_step
From: StephenS
Date: 18 Sep 2011 11:20:01
Message: <web.4e760afa370b08e395b2427b0@news.povray.org>
First, all combinations seem to complete the image ok, the order the image is
worked on is different than the docs seem to sugest.

When using the following .ini file

***
+I "Tennis_court.ini"
Width = 1800
Height = 1029
Bounding_Method = 2 ;bsp
Antialias = On
Sampling_Method = 1
Antialias_Threshold = 0.200
Jitter = Off
Antialias_Depth = 3
Output_To_File = On
Output_File_Type = N
Display = On
Verbose = Off
Quality = 9
;Work_Threads = 3
Render_Pattern = 3
Render_Block_Step = 4
Input_File_Name = Tennis_court.pov
Output_File_Name = P:\Still_images\
Test_Abort = On
Test_Abort_Count = 100
***

Width = 1800
Render_Pattern = 3
Render_Block_Step = 1
completes the line in the center and then goes to the next above/below line

The first block step to offset is 4, thats ok, but does not complete the line
first.

From the docs 3.1.2.8.2.2 Render Block Step
Render_Block_Step = 1 or 2 or 3, should be the same (in this example).
=1 completes the horizontal line first, then moves onto the next.
=2 or 3 completes only half the horizontal line, and comes back to the other
half later.

Is this a feature, or should the docs be made more clear?

On all renders that take more than 2 to 3 hours, I have been using the
Render_Pattern. I'm able to decide if I wan't to keep the picture much sooner.

Stephen S