POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Trouble building RC3 on new machine : Re: Trouble building RC3 on new machine Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble building RC3 on new machine
From: jhu
Date: 3 Sep 2011 17:05:00
Message: <web.4e6294ab827915b4590073930@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> I'm trying to build RC3 on my new machine, and I'm getting errors in the make
> process.  It configures alright, but make exits with errors.
>
> I've created some dump files of the process, but I can't post them here, so I'll
> just append the error output of the make file.
>
> I hope someone can help me with this.
>
> My machine is an AMD Phenom II X6
> OS: Linux Mint 11
> boost vers 1.42 (compiled with same version under Ubuntu on my tablet)
>

> g++  -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings -fno-enforce-eh-specs -s -O3
> -ffast-math -march=native -pthread  -L/usr/lib  -L/usr/lib -o povray disp_sdl.o
> disp_text.o ../vfe/libvfe.a ../source/backend/libbackend.a
> .../source/frontend/libfrontend.a ../source/base/libbase.a ../source/libpovray.a
> -lSDL -L/usr/lib -lSDL  -lSM -lICE -lX11  -ltiff -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lrt -lm
> -pthread
> .../vfe/libvfe.a(vfesession.o): In function `vfe::vfeSession::Shutdown(bool)':

I had the same issue. For some reason configure is able to find that boost
libraries are available, but the location is not passed on. So what you need to
do is find out where the boost libraries are and where the headers are. The
libraries are usually in /usr/local/lib and headers in /usr/local/include.
So first do the following:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS ./configure COMPILED_BY=" "

That should do the trick until you get to the next compile error.