POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Availability of older povray 3.7 beta builds? : Availability of older povray 3.7 beta builds? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  Availability of older povray 3.7 beta builds?
From: jhu
Date: 3 Sep 2011 16:45:00
Message: <web.4e6291a8bb55f64590073930@news.povray.org>
Some major tech sites use povray for their CPU benchmarks. However, they don't
necessarily use the latest builds. For example:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/40

This site is using beta 23, and their numbers seem unusually high. For example,
an Athlon II x4 630 is reported on their site to be 2227 pixels/second. However,
when I run RC3 on my computer (same CPU), I only get 706 pixels/second. I just
want to see how accurate their numbers are.