POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing : Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray-Meets-Hand-Drawn Animation Ready For Viewing
From: Dan Byers
Date: 25 Aug 2011 18:50:00
Message: <web.4e56d10bbb831682b8c6ece00@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all the positive comments :)

Keep in mind the goal of this project was to create a workflow or base process
for taking a stack of hand-drawn animation cels, along with their various
sublayers, and creating POV-Ray objects.  I deliberately kept the objects,
textures, colors, lighting, and camera work dialed down to a plain-Jane level --
it doesn't have to look like a million bucks right now :)  Having established
the process, I can now use it for future animation projects.

Imagine a film where Three-eyed Larry looks like brushed metal, or refracted
glass, or water, or whatever else you can do to a CSG object in POV-Ray.
ANYTHING is possible -- I haven't even begun to scratch the surface...  should
be fun ride ;)

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com