POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Melting Simulation : Re: Melting Simulation Server Time
30 Jun 2024 04:00:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Melting Simulation
From: pH
Date: 22 Aug 2011 00:30:01
Message: <web.4e51da5f378ab76d2fab58380@news.povray.org>
Thanks all. I used blobs played with the settings and came up with this
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_GUjGDknvI). The scene has a heat source (The
Orange sphere near the left top of the cube)  The only problem I see now is the
size of the molten droplets.

What I thought of doing is, flattening the droplet once it melts by scaling. I
think scaling it in the direction perpendicular to the normal at the point the
droplet is on the remaining solid would do the trick. But I am not able to find
a way to calculate the normal of a blob at a given point on its surface. Can
someone please suggest how to do that? Or is there any other way apart from what
I thought?