POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light source-sun : Re: light source-sun Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light source-sun
From: ZaK
Date: 20 Aug 2011 20:00:01
Message: <web.4e5049549e033c7b59d292440@news.povray.org>

> With photons, you should use ether spacing OR count, not both.
>
> Check the actual location of your sun. It can be on the wrong side of
> your reflectors. If that's the case, then all your photons are shoot
> away from the reflector.
> Try moving your reflector so that it's as close to the origin as possible.
> Make sure that your ground is at elevation zero.
>
> I can't find Sun_Position.inc :( hard to test your scene.

Hi Alain,

you can download all files from here

http://ia700600.us.archive.org/35/items/refcpc/cpc.zip

the problem seems to be that my scene is using real-world measures, and my light
source is too far away, i tried and divided the distance on the x,y,z
coordination by 10000, and now i got some good caustics.

// The light source representing the Sun.
#declare dist = r * ASTRO_UNIT;
light_source { <dist*Sun_X/10000, dist*Sun_Y/10000, dist*Sun_Z/10000> color
rgb<1,1,1>*1.5

parallel
         point_at <0,LOT_ALTITUDE+2,0> //the CPC location!

   photons {
     refraction on
     reflection on
   }

}

thanks for pointing out the count/photon issue