POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sky_sphere is not smooth : Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth Server Time
30 Jun 2024 03:27:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky_sphere is not smooth
From: Zeycus
Date: 16 Aug 2011 16:55:01
Message: <web.4e4ad8f34f03222d762883f20@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Zeycus <zey### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I have a problem: I want to use sky_sphere to make a sky, but for some reason it
> > does not change color smoothly, you can cleary see lines that separate different
> > "regions".
>
>   It looks quite smooth to me.
>
>   If you are talking the region where the purple-blue transition changes
> to blue-black, where the exact point of change which has the purest blue
> stands out from the rest, that's not really a problem with povray. If you
> create the same kind of gradient in any program it will look like that.
> (The reason is, very technically speaking, that there's an abrupt change
> in the slope of the color transition curve.)
>
>   Getting rid of it can be a bit tricky. (Basically it would need for the
> color change slope to itself be smooth.)
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Thanks a lot, warp.

I think I understand what you mean, the color function is not derivable
too many times.

Anyway I see all over the image lines that are like "height lines" in a map. I
just thought maybe it is a problem with my colour configuration. I will try
tomorrow to see the same image in another computer.

Thanks again,