POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Random Access inside a file. : Random Access inside a file. Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:50:55 EDT (-0400)
  Random Access inside a file.
From: pH
Date: 15 Aug 2011 18:15:01
Message: <web.4e4999a27447280bd0dbfa270@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I am trying to read a frame_data_file which has data of frames to be animated.
This file has the following data

"Frame",<framenumber>,<number of bytes of data realted to this frame>
<framedata>
"Frame",<framenumber>,<number of bytes of data related to this frame>
<framedata>
..
..
..

I am reading this from a scene file(.pov) to generate a each frame. To generate
each image in the scene, I use the "clock" to get the frame I am generating.
Then I want to jump through my frame_data_file to that particular frame parse
the data pertinent to that. I am not able to find a way to randomly jump through
the frame_data_file using pov-ray file handling capabilities.

Is there some way I can achieve my functionality? The only other way I see is to
generate separate file for each frame which would be a lot.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,
pH