POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Modeller program for use with Linux? : Re: Modeller program for use with Linux? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:44:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeller program for use with Linux?
From: commodorejohn
Date: 11 Aug 2011 18:25:01
Message: <web.4e4455d8edee7f921d6d331b0@news.povray.org>
> Which *nix distribution are you using?
>
> Might already be a package prebuilt - you could look in the open build
> service (previously the opensuse build service - but it can be used to
> build packages for more than opensuse, hence the rename) - http://
> software.opensuse.org/search will do a search of it, just select your
> Linux distribution (if you're using Linux, which it sounds like you are)
> and see if it shows up.
I'm using Debian (Squeeze) PPC64. I've got the source and the required libraries
for Truevision, it's just that there's bugs in the source with references to
undefined symbols and double-defined symbols. They've been fixed, apparently,
but the fixes aren't in the last tarball, and the CVS appears to be down, as the
project is no longer in active development :/ So I guess I'll have to try
patching it myself...