POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Open *.inc file via command line / explorer : Re: Open *.inc file via command line / explorer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open *.inc file via command line / explorer
From: H  Karsten
Date: 10 Aug 2011 22:00:01
Message: <web.4e43373894d15552a3bfeb720@news.povray.org>
> If I pass an inc file as command line parameter (or, more usefully,
> try to open an inc file in the Windows editor from Windows Explorer
> by double-clicking), this attempts to process the file as an INI
> file, then chokes on it (this is not a valid ini file).
>
> Tested using 3.7 RC3 Windows x64 version. I would have expected
> the file to be opened in the editor as with pov files.

To me this sounds like a problem initiated by a third-party app that uses it's
own way of handling files, using ".ini" as extension.
It seams, that some bug in it also has being affected the way of handling files
that comes with a ".inc" extension.

Try to (right click) open the .inc-file with the "open with"- context and don't
chose an application from the list. Instead chose one by browsing manually and
than point to the editor, or to wordpad.

This /may/ work.