POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering partially wet material : Re: rendering partially wet material Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering partially wet material
From: kiwon
Date: 9 Aug 2011 22:05:00
Message: <web.4e41e5bda119247b4c0a951f0@news.povray.org>
Yeah... life is so complex to render...

Alright, if I manually generate a texture for wet area as saturation level or
something similar, how can I apply a special *finish* only to the wet area?

I tried like:
material {
  texture {T_Stone24 scale 0.3}
  texture {
    pigment {uv_mapping image_map {png "wet.png"}}
    finish {phong 1 reflection {0.1, 1 fresnel} conserve_energy}
  }
}
where "wet.png" is basically transparent except some wet areas.

It's syntactically renderable, but does not render what I intend; the *finish*
is applied to all surfaces, i.e. T_Stone24 as well.
Am I missing something?