POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering times: how long is too long? : Re: Rendering times: how long is too long? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering times: how long is too long?
From: jhu
Date: 6 Aug 2011 17:55:01
Message: <web.4e3db78b3f7b01af58603b180@news.povray.org>
> jhu wrote:
>
> > I've split up each line to be rendered by different cores and computers.
>
> I wonder if that actually increases the total time needed for radiosity?

I think it does, but since I'm using 3.6.1, the overall time taken to render is
less. Also, because it's taking so long, if anything happens, I still have some
progress saved (more than if I hadn't split up the render), like when my
computer's PSU died a few weeks ago from probably too much rendering.