POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering times: how long is too long? : Rendering times: how long is too long? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering times: how long is too long?
From: jhu
Date: 6 Aug 2011 15:25:00
Message: <web.4e3d94862042c64558603b180@news.povray.org>
So I have a final rendering going on right now that uses radiosity only for
lighting. With a count of 200, it takes about 3 days on my computer, but theres
still plenty of radiosity artifact. So I've increased the count to 800, and now
the portions of the scene that have rendered no longer have radiosity artifact.
But now certain lines take a really long time. I've split up each line to be
rendered by different cores and computers. It's been about a week now, and some
cores are stuck on one line.

So, what's your threshold for re-rendering?