POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : display with 2560x1024 resolution : display with 2560x1024 resolution Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  display with 2560x1024 resolution
From: folkert
Date: 3 Aug 2011 09:55:01
Message: <web.4e395236c01c7a76ee65e6b30@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a pov-scene (the box of my previous question regarding rendering time)
which fits nicely on my 1280x1024 display.
Now I added a second screen to my computer-setup and would like to use the
pov-scene as a background.
I expected that I should set the right vector for this:
camera {
   right (1280*2/1024)*x
   location <2.5, 2.5, -15> look_at<5, 5, 0>
}
but that doesn't work: instead of a box in the middle of the screen (width the
width of 1 screen so to say) the box gets spread out of both screens, from the
left to the right.
How do I fix that?
Thanks in advance!

Folkert

p.s. I rewrote that box-with-holes script to not use CSG which speeds it up
dramatically. if anyone is interested in the java program which generates it
then contact me### [at] folkertmobiel@gmail.com