POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : multipigment surface : Re: multipigment surface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:33:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multipigment surface
From: PC John
Date: 2 Aug 2011 09:05:00
Message: <web.4e37f54333486a122fb8b12b0@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> just tested it, seems to me like it works, but it would actually be
> easier to do:
>
> texture {
>    average
>    texture_map {
>      //ambient
>      [1
>        pigment {[ambient pigment]}
>        finish {diffuse 0 ambient 4}
>      ]
>      [....]
>    }
> }

Thanks! This average is exactly what I was looking for. Cool!

Is there a way to combine the "average result" with the uvmapping pigment? All I
want is to multiply them.

To give an example, if the computation of "average pattern" computes < 0.5, 0.5,
0.5 >, e.g. grey (50% white), multiplication with uvmapping pigment would result
in 50% intensity of the image mapped on an object.

If "average pattern" returns < 1, 0, 0 >, multiplication with uvmapping pigment
would return image filtered by red color.

Thanks,
John