POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Same pov file and different result (with HDR) : Re: Same pov file and different result (with HDR) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Same pov file and different result (with HDR)
From: kiwon
Date: 31 Jul 2011 06:50:01
Message: <web.4e3531c76c7c55c24c0a951f0@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > Dear POVRay users,
> >
> > when I put sky sphere (with HDR file) + reflective box (with gif texture file) +
> > reflective/refractive mesh2, the rendering results are different even they are
> > generated from the same pov file. Is this usual or am I missing something?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Can you post a small sample scene that show your problem?
> Many users can provide their own HDR and image map.
> If the mesh2 is large, use a symplified/largely decimated one.
> If the sanple scene is relatively small (under 5K), you can post it
> here. For larger ones, you can use povray.text.scene-files or
> povray.binaries.scene-files.
>
> Make sure that you use spherical mapping for your HDR image. Add
> map_type 1 to your pigment.
>
> Is your mesh2 closed?

Yes, it is closed. I tested with a simple object (ovus) as well, and the same
problem existed. I post the simple test pov-file:

#version 3.7;

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.33
  max_trace_level 30
  radiosity {
    count 200
    error_bound 0.1
    recursion_limit 2
    nearest_count 8
    brightness 1
    normal on
    adc_bailout 0.005
  }
}

#declare CamPos = <0.72, 1.52, 3.2>;
#declare CamLookAt = <0.2, 0.5, 0.8>;
camera {
  right -x*image_width/image_height
  location CamPos
  look_at CamLookAt
}

#declare F_Water = finish {
  ambient 0
  diffuse 0
  phong 1
  phong_size 90
  reflection {0.1, 1 fresnel on}
  conserve_energy
}

#declare F_Plane = finish {
  phong 0.37
  phong_size 25
  ambient 0
  reflection 0.05
}

#declare T_Water = texture {
  pigment { rgbf <0.98, 0.98, 0.98, 0.98> }
  finish {F_Water}
}

#declare T_Plane = texture {
  pigment { rgb<0.6, 0.3, 0.5> }
  finish {F_Plane}
}

#declare I_Water = interior {
  ior 1.33335
  fade_power 1
}

#declare M_Water = material {
  texture {T_Water}
  interior{I_Water}
}

#declare Water = ovus {
  0.2, 0.1
  translate -y*0.04
  material {M_Water}
}

#declare Thickness = 0.025;
#declare Table = box {
  <-2, -Thickness, -2>, <2, -Thickness*4, 2>
  rotate y*-49
  texture { T_Plane }
}

light_source {CamPos color rgb<0.9, 0.9, 1>*0.1}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {image_map {hdr "*HDR_FILE_PATH.hdr*" map_type 1 interpolate 2}}
  rotate y*-120
}

union {
  object {Table}
  object {
    Water
    translate <0, 0.5, 0.5>
  }
}

The table is always differently rendered with some jitters.