POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : multipigment surface : multipigment surface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  multipigment surface
From: PC John
Date: 28 Jul 2011 07:50:01
Message: <web.4e314bd9a2633e0d5d9babcb0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have written pov-exporter for OpenSceneGraph rendering and visualization
library. It generates quite COOL results. However, I have one problem:

It seems like POV-Ray is not capable of handling OpenGL materials as it uses
just one pigment. It is even not possible to implement OpenGL texture MODULATE
mode, e.g. image (called texture in OpenGL) multiplied by the result of the
lighting that is performed on surface pigment (called material in OpenGL).

To simplify the things, I want to have one pigment for OpenGL emissive color and
another pigment for OpenGL diffuse color. POV-Ray should compute the lighting on
both of them and the final color would be sum of these. Is it possible to do
this in POV-Ray?

Thanks,
John