POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 : Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 Server Time
1 May 2024 05:49:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 22 Jul 2011 15:45:01
Message: <web.4e29d2aa87f978c683f94e6b0@news.povray.org>
Hi to the crowd,

maybe I expressed myself a little bit badly or I misunderstand Stephen a bit,
but in the end I agree to all the points stated here in the last days. If the
financial crisis plays a significant role, I cannot judge. I really think, that
in the high times of the irtc with more than 200 entries per round a lot of them
was motivated by gaining points for jobs in the industry. But may be I'm wrong.
The financial crisis may be an other reason. May be both reasons played a part.
In the revitalized irtc in 2009 and 2010 there were only few contributors too,
some 10 I remember. At the last abandoned competition of the irtc it was only 6
I'm sure. To promote the TC-RTC here is a very good idea certainly. I'm not sure
whether the TC-RTC-website needs much improvements or not. The one or other
explanation about the topics or so would help certainly but I will not mangle
myself with questions of style.

I really think that you should not surrender with the TC-RTC and looking at my
WIP at this very moment I think you gain a new contributor this round, maybe
with a very headstrong interpretation of the topic.

Regards,
Michael