POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : window to viewport transformation : window to viewport transformation Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  window to viewport transformation
From: Jorrit
Date: 11 Jul 2011 07:55:01
Message: <web.4e1ae3a8f0209c9a79dc58370@news.povray.org>
Hello all!

For a homework assignment I'm required to recreate a simple scene. It's going
well, but there are some things that I'm unclear about. I'm mostly unsure about
the camera variables and the window/viewport limits.

The assignment specifies the requirements for the camera:

COP = (0,0,10)
VRP = (0,0,2)
VUV = [0,1,0]

I believe this translates into:

camera {
    location <0, 0, 10> /* Center of Projection */
    look_at <0, 0, 2> /* View Reference Point */
    up <0, 1, 0> /* View-up Vector */
}

Can anyone confirm that?

Furthermore the assignment has the following parameters for the window limits
and the window-to-viewport transformation:

window limits:
x_wmin = -2, x_wmax = 2, y_wmin = -2, y_wmax = 2

viewport limits:
x_vmin = 400, x_vmax = 800, y_vmin = 200, y_vmax = 600

I'm at a loss here how to specify these variables. Can anyone give me some
pointers on how to define these?

Thanks in advance!

Jorrit