POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects : Re: Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects Server Time
9 Jun 2024 06:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bright rim in clipped CSG of media objects
From: 43oasis
Date: 6 Jul 2011 12:35:00
Message: <web.4e148d832a835bfec4da200b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> 43oasis <43o### [at] orangefr> wrote:
> > And, by the way : is there some reason for the clipped objects beeing left open
> > by default in PovRay ?
>
>   clipped_by is faster to render than intersection.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Thanks !
And : this RC3 is great on quad-core system !
Gilles

PS : what a pity the Special Relativity patch (Leo Brewin, 2005) was not
integrated into the official PovRay ; it would have been a real plus to this
fantastic software, for educational purposes (my case).
But that is an old story, I guess it was not as simple as "just plug it in" ...