POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:48:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: rode
Date: 2 Jul 2011 13:45:00
Message: <web.4e0f58d06f92e856f58fe2c40@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> > Hello Povray users!
> > I have a quite annoying problem which I've been trying to figure out for the
> > last
> > month...please help. The thing is have exported model with given texture(and
> > there are lots of elements with the same texture) the texture looks like that:
> >
> > texture
> >     {
> >      uv_mapping
> >      pigment
> >      {
> >       color<0, 0, 0>
> >       transmit 0.5
> >       filter 1
> >      }
> >      finish
> >      {
> >       diffuse 1
> >       ambient 0
> >      }
> >     }
> >    }
> > I have declared another texture:
> >
> > #declare Milky =
> > texture{
> >      pigment
> >      {
> >       rgbft<1, 1, 1, 0.4, 0.5>
> >      }
> >      finish
> >      {
> >       diffuse 1.5
> >       ambient 0
> >       specular 0.2
> >       phong 0.4
> >       roughness 0.1
> >       reflection 0.05
> >
> >      }}
> > And now the question is: HOW TO REPLACE THE EXPORTED TEXTURE WITH THE NEW ONE
> > ON ALL THESE ELEMENTS??
> >

> If the texture is present as a texture block everywhere, you need to
> replace is with: texture{Milky} everywhere it's used.
>
> Do a search in the exported file for "texture".
> Then, you replace the content of the texture with "Milky".
>
> You also can remove all texture and use this:
>
> IF the exported file #declare the objects:
> object{ExportedObjectName texture{Milky}}
>
> Or, like this:
> union{object{Object001}
>  object{Object002}
>  texture{Milky}
> // Optional transforms
> scale<1,1,1>
> rotate<0,0,0>
> translate<0,0,0>
> }
>
> IF you include the file to place the objects (there are NO #declare in
> the file):
> union{
>  #include "ExportedFile.inc"
>  texture{Milky}
> // Optional transforms
> scale<1,1,1>
> rotate<0,0,0>
> translate<0,0,0>
> }
>
> If there is a #declare statement for it, you only need to change it's
> #declare to read as: #declare Texture=texture{Milky}
>

> Alain

Alain thank you for your reply. Following your tips I have made something like
that (those are the initial lines from my scene):

#declare Milky =
texture{
    pigment
    {
     rgbft <1, 1, 1, 0.4, 0.5>
    }
    finish
    {
     diffuse 1.5
     ambient 0
     specular 0.2
     phong 0.4
     roughness 0.1
     reflection 0.05
    }}
#declare Texture=texture{Milky}

unfortunately it doesn't work (the elements keep their original texture) Did I
miss something?