POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Coordinates after rotation? : Coordinates after rotation? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:01:53 EDT (-0400)
  Coordinates after rotation?
From: zozimus
Date: 28 Jun 2011 15:20:01
Message: <web.4e0a29031deb8c0ebe377b680@news.povray.org>
I am having some difficulty connecting a few cylinders which I'm trying to make
a 3D pentagram knot with. The problem is that I'm not sure of the coordinates of
the ends of the cylinders after I have translated and rotated them.

Is there a way of doing:

Macro (<A,B,C>,
translate <0,20,-10>
rotate <20,0,10> )
etc

to return the coordinates of <A,B,C> after the transformations? I've tried to
figure out how to use vtransform but it is confusing!

Thanks in advance!!