POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? : Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene?
From: John Ratcliff
Date: 27 May 2011 10:35:01
Message: <web.4ddfb68de70c3bc790ae49fd0@news.povray.org>
Thanks!  I got my game level into POVRay yesterday and it was so cool to see it
working.  My plan is to generate 6 lightmaps for each game level, using 6 flat
projections.  I'm going to take all of the mesh data which corresponds to the
dominant normal axis of +X/-X, +Y/-Y, and +Z/-Z. (I.e. all ceilings, floors,
etc.)

My goal is to get as crisp a projection as possible and maximize as much texture
real-estate as I can.  I'm also going to algorithmically generate thousands of
lights for the interiors too.  It's going to look so awesome!

John