POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? : Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Is it possible to render only a sub-set of a scene?
From: John Ratcliff
Date: 26 May 2011 12:25:01
Message: <web.4dde7de7d2743ccb90ae49fd0@news.povray.org>
I want to use POVRay to do some pre-computed baked in radiosity solutions.

What I need to be able to do is upload my entire 'game level' into POV Ray but,
when I render, render only a sub-section of that game world.

Since the 'scene' seems to be a global concept; I'm not quite sure how to have
it render only a sub-section of the scene.

Could this be done by setting a no-draw material property on the portion of the
level I want ignored while still having the raytracer take the entire world into
consideration for shadows, etc.?

I'm brand new to POVRay so forgive the naivete.

Thanks,

John