POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness : Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness Server Time
27 Apr 2024 20:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness
From: Marco
Date: 16 May 2011 04:05:01
Message: <web.4dd0da04d007ae226731f09e0@news.povray.org>
You're right, I am not fluent in Povray, but, still, why does
http://home.ooijer.com/hsp/bollen-1.pov render like
http://home.ooijer.com/hsp/bollen-1.jpg (in flat B&W)? (and
http://home.ooijer.com/hsp/bollen-01.pov renders like
http://home.ooijer.com/hsp/bollen-01.jpg, which *does* produce a nice 3D-ish
effect) Surely, the camera placement should not influence this (it influences
which way the cam looks, not *how* it looks)?

Mea culpa for posting a bad example. Thanks to all who had the patience to bear
with me.
Oh and te image could perhaps be updated to show z+ and z- as well asl x+ and x-
and y+ and y-. Those are all rather intuitive to me, but the z could (according
to my intuition) swing either way.