POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness : PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:15:38 EDT (-0400)
  PoV-Ray 3.62 weirdness
From: Marco
Date: 14 May 2011 08:20:00
Message: <web.4dce72ab715ba47a6731f09e0@news.povray.org>
I made a little pov to check the allignment of the Z-axis (which way do positive
and negative go? That always confuses me)
But this pov (see below) renders a totally useless plane of 2 colors: 1 half is
white, the other black. See http://home.ooijer.com/povzaxis.JPG
Rendering this (using v3.62 on XP (which identifies itself in the about box as
3.6, don't know if that's not how it's programmed) takes a ridiculously long
time, I've added the plane to reduce the rendering depth, but still it's slow -
and I'm on an Intel Quad, BTW, so unlikely that other processes got in the way.
This is not the first odd problem I've had, it's happened several times that
rendering only yields a useless Black&White picture.

Oh, and also, if I put a .inc in the include dir in C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for
Windows v3.62\include and it can't always find them, not even if they're in the
pov's directory.
I know this is multiple bug reports, but in all this seems such weird behaviour
that I put them in one report.

I've reinstalled 3.62 (removing first) and the result was largely the same, if
perhaps it rendered a tad faster. Oh, and most of the settings remained intact
(list of opened files and more) this indicates to me that removal wasn't
complete, which may or may not have had something to do with the result being
the same.

#include "shapes.inc"
#include "colors.inc"
/*#declare Fx = function {sin(5*v)}
#declare Fy = function {v}
#declare Fz = function {cos(5*v)}

 parametric { function {Fy(u,v,0)} function {Fz(u,v,0)} <2*pi,-pi>,<4*pi,2.1*pi>
contained_by{box{-2,2}} precompute 18, x,y,z pigment {rgb x}}
*/

#background {White}

camera {
 perspective
 location <0.0,15.0,0> //location <0.0,0.0,20.0>
 direction <0,0.0,.0>
}
plane
{