POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : New User Question about Variable Density Fog : Re: New User Question about Variable Density Fog Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:50:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New User Question about Variable Density Fog
From: waggy
Date: 12 May 2011 01:40:01
Message: <web.4dcb72468c9a2319726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:
> Anyway, I find it dificult to aprehend the reason why, in this case, you
> may need to use variable ior.

I'll take a stab in the dark (matter) and guess gravitational lensing.

On a somewhat related note, I'm starting to wonder why scattering media seems to
be the go-to media for visualizing fields.  I've had good luck applying the much
less intensive emission media for this purpose to get a good look at some fairly
gnarly fractal-generating functions.