POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated turbulence : Animated turbulence Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  Animated turbulence
From: W0RLDBUILDER
Date: 29 Apr 2011 13:15:00
Message: <web.4dbaf0f0a71052bcb8f6b920@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to animate turbulence going from 1 to 0 and back to 1 over the course
of an animation, with clock going from 0 to 1. The reason I need this is because
I'm animating a rotating planet with POV (textured with one of the maps from
TextureGen) and I'd like to have moving clouds. The code for the animated
turbulence shouldn't be too long; I'm going to use it three times, each for
separate cloud layers. I'd also like to make three cloud layers identical to the
first three but with turbulence going from 0 to 1 to 0.