POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Array of points for use with bicubic patch : Re: Array of points for use with bicubic patch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Array of points for use with bicubic patch
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Apr 2011 09:20:00
Message: <web.4db816822d1676e447ba06bb0@news.povray.org>
"D103" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> The other reason I posted was to ask if there was a way to reduce the process of
> creating the vectors for the patches to a while loop or nested loops.
>
> Call me lazy, but I'm always looking for shorter/easier ways to do things. :)

Coding in order to being able to be lazy later is a good thing.
Being lazy while coding is a bad thing.

- And yes, there are ways to do what you want.

Perhaps these 2 images will give you some hints or ideas:

http://home.online.no/~t-o-k/POV-Ray_Images/Bezier_Patches_Stitched.jpg
http://home.online.no/~t-o-k/POV-Ray_Images/Bezier_Patches_Stitched_.jpg

--
Tor Olav