POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error: No triangle in mesh. : Re: Error: No triangle in mesh. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error: No triangle in mesh.
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 25 Apr 2011 18:40:01
Message: <web.4db5f79ce973f8efb642fbb20@news.povray.org>
I finally stumbled across this thread:
http://news.povray.org/cjameshuff-174262.11015310012005%40news.povray.org.
Unfortunately there was also no answer to the question besides that it seems to
be some sort of mis conduct to feed povray junk (degenerated triangles). Still
it would be cool if I could come up with some sort of exception catch that would
simply ignore meshes with invalid content.
If it's simply not possible I'll probably have to write a awk script that checks
the validity of the triangles and cleans it up before I feed it to povray so
that it does not get an upset stomach. Hmm I wished there was a more simple way.
.... :-(