POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : load texture once - render multiple images : load texture once - render multiple images Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:43:03 EDT (-0400)
  load texture once - render multiple images
From: 7dgedas
Date: 20 Apr 2011 03:15:00
Message: <web.4dae87becbe7bd854267bf8e0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render many scenes using povray. The key factor for me is speed
(server side rendering for user requests. Am I on my way with povray?).

I want to achieve this:
1) load some texture(s)
2) apply some camera transformations (transformations may depend on some
variable, differs each iteration)
3) output results to file
4) repeat 2-3 as many times as needed, avoiding 1.

The key point is to avoid loading textures, as it is relatively slow. I want to,
say, simply rotate object and save to file without loading textures each
time(theoretically no need for that at all).

I know there is animation posibility using .ini and clock variable, but how do i
avoid loading textures? :(