POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light diffusion through prism : Light diffusion through prism Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Light diffusion through prism
From: awestover
Date: 18 Apr 2011 14:45:01
Message: <web.4dac859365674b1469fb356b0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to create a simple scene that has a semi-transparent triangular
prism with a white light entering on one side and a rainbow exiting on the
other, similar to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dispersive_Prism_Illustration_by_Spigget.jpg

I was thinking about just using a gradient and a color map to build the rainbow
but every time I tried the gradient would be small and repeat, so it was like 5
or 6 repeating rainbows. I then tried the actual rainbow structure but couldn't
get it straight and triangular like the dispersion from a prism. Any idea on how
to go about this?