POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : calibri.ttf font - garbled result. : calibri.ttf font - garbled result. Server Time
23 Jun 2024 14:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  calibri.ttf font - garbled result.
From: geep999
Date: 9 Apr 2011 07:15:01
Message: <web.4da03ea3b56b2349380f8080@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.7.0.RC3 on Slackware 13.0 x86_64.
I pointed povray to use the calibri.ttf font over on my Windows 7 partition.
The result is garbled - strange letters with accents appear instead of the
expected text. (KDE's kfontview opens calibri.ttf OK, with nothing strange).

Pointing povray to use other fonts of Win7, e.g. comic.ttf and arial.ttf, was
OK.

I solved the problem by pushing calibri.ttf through fontforge and resaving it
as mycalibri.ttf.

Cheers,
Peter