POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : nonintersecting spheres test : nonintersecting spheres test Server Time
19 May 2024 18:55:39 EDT (-0400)
  nonintersecting spheres test
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 6 Apr 2011 21:20:00
Message: <web.4d9d10aec2af4450b86cffc90@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Nothing really huge here, or even artistically noteworthy. Just a largish render
of 1024 non-intersecting spheres. The calculations were sped up thanks to
neighborhood evaluation via voro++. The points were spaced iteratively over 20
frames using shellout commands in conjunction with an .ini file. For some reason
though, it doesn't really kick in until the 3rd frame :(

I thought I'd also put 3.7's radiosity to the test, as well as the new
area_illumination feature. The radiosity is working wonderfully, but the area
illuminating area_lights... not so good. Despite the fact that I threw 32x32
samples at it along with with adaptive sampling set at 2, artifacts still
appear. Maybe I should raise the adaptation value... (...) Looking at the docs,
I most certainly should raise it.

Anyway, this method is really going to come in handy!

~Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'voro-viewa-31m_35s.jpg' (270 KB)

Preview of image 'voro-viewa-31m_35s.jpg'
voro-viewa-31m_35s.jpg