POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2,296 grains : Re: 2,296 grains Server Time
17 May 2024 06:43:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2,296 grains
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 4 Apr 2011 17:00:00
Message: <web.4d9a30b56e76f0aa81c811d20@news.povray.org>
> Very impressive!
>
> So, if these are blobs the roughness is just texture?
>
> Reading up a bit on Voronoi diagrams I found this
> entertaining interactive web application:
>
> http://www.pi6.fernuni-hagen.de/GeomLab/VoroGlide/

Very entertaining.

One interesting tidbit I had found about the Voronoi digrams when I had looked
at them a few years ago, is that they can be defined by projecting each point
vertically to a hyperboloid and defining a plane tangent to the hyperboloid at
this point.  The voronoi diagram of a set consists of the intersections of these
planes.

-tgq