POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I export POV-Ray scene to Moray? : Re: How can I export POV-Ray scene to Moray? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:35:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I export POV-Ray scene to Moray?
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 29 Mar 2011 16:55:00
Message: <web.4d92465f7d3fb59494d713cc0@news.povray.org>
"gregtom6" <gre### [at] freemailhu> wrote:
> Hy everybody!
>
> How can I export POV-Ray scene to Moray? It is important, since I can't use
> POV-Ray.
> I created an area_light, what lights an object. I translated the object in
> Moray, but I can't see anywhere, and can't light that(because I can't see, where
> that can be) According to coordinates, maybe I should see, but I can't.

You should start with something basic in POV-Ray and get the feel for how the
coordinate system works.

Try putting your object at the origin <0,0,0> and make sure your camera is
looking at <0,0,0>, then move your light somewhere close by, say <-10, 10, -10>
and try rendering that... maybe set the background color to rgb 0.5 - you
/should/ be able to see something.

Also, /read/ the POV-Ray documentation and examine some of the simple sample
scenes and figure it out; it really isn't that difficult once you get into it.

Cheers,
Rob
www.McGregorFineArt.com