POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Function Light Source : Re: Function Light Source Server Time
27 Jun 2024 14:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function Light Source
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 28 Mar 2011 15:50:01
Message: <web.4d90e542d8ed70c86ff1d480@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> are you thinking IES profiles for povray?  yep, that would be great.

I agree, IES profiles would be an outstanding addition to the POV toolkit.

There are a huge number of lights already fully profiled and freely available
online, and the IES profiles are just ASCII files. Here's a format description
and sample parser in C, if anyone's feeling ambitious toward that end (it /does/
seem like fun but I don't currently have the time to spare):

http://lumen.iee.put.poznan.pl/kw/iesna.txt

Cheers,
Rob

www.McGregorFineArt.com