POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Function Light Source : Re: Function Light Source Server Time
27 Jun 2024 13:45:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function Light Source
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 25 Mar 2011 23:15:00
Message: <web.4d8d59b2d8ed70cb05ef170@news.povray.org>
> are you thinking IES profiles for povray?  yep, that would be great.

That was one idea.  I think it was IES profiles I used for my lighting before
and mapped out manually.  Another idea I was currently using was to try to model
light scattering by placing (fake) mapped light sources in my media.  It would
be nice to have full control over lighting profiles beyond the functioning that
spotlights have.  Basically an idea I'm throwing out there.  I'll likely look
into how to implement if I can get into source code programming.

-tgq